With Easter fresh on our minds, we’ll begin a new 8-week series this Friday with the book, “Sticky Faith” by Dr. Kara E. Powell and Dr. Chap Clark. This week’s homework is to read the book’s Forward section and then Chapter 1. The first chapter sets up the rest of the seven chapters (and seven weeks) so read carefully! Focus on page 25 of the book where the authors outline the 2-parts of each chapter: “Sticky Findings” and “Sticky Faith Made Practical”.
Mike leads the “kick off” this week. We are continuing to use Zoom web-conferencing for our Friday gatherings:
- Go to “Join a Meeting”
- Meeting ID: 933-121-523
(You can also simply go to: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/933121523)
Questions for this week’s discussion include (from page 29):
- When people decide to read a book, usually they are trying to solve a problem. What problems are you hoping to address by reading this book?
- How would you define Sticky Faith?
- How does it make you feel to think that you are the most important influence on your child’s faith?
- As you think about how you’ve parented thus far, what have you done that has contributed to your kids’ faith? What do you wish you had done differently?
- What do you think of the suggestion that parents trust the Lord with their kids and beg the Lord to build Sticky Faith in them? Perhaps you’d like to put this book down and pray for a few moments before you even turn the page.
Lastly, sharing one of my favorite quotes from Chapter 1:
“You are more than a launching pad for that journey; you are also an ongoing companion, guide, and fellow journeyer.”
Buckle up! I’ll see on at 7:45 am via Zoom on Friday!