This week we celebrate Thanksgiving….and some might be saying, “This is 2020….global pandemic, political discourse, natural disasters…..what do I have to be thankful for?”
Hey, I’m right there with you!
I did a quick Google search on “being thankful” and came across a great article about writing a gratitude journal.
I’m certain the men in our group might be thinking, “I don’t have time to do something like a gratitude journal.”
How about this as a simple challenge…..spend time over the next few days with this list below. These are “teasers” … simple ways for you to think about all our blessings and even great conversation starters with family and friends.
- What is something you have today that you didn’t have a year ago?
- What is a personality trait in yourself that you are thankful for?
- What is a possession that makes your life easier?
- What do you like about your job?
- How are you able to help or give to others?
- What is a tradition that you’re grateful for?
- How does your family make your life richer?
- What are five positive memories from the last year?
- What are three good decisions you’ve made this year?
Last week, I closed out our lesson sharing a 2-minute video about “How to Love Your Enemies at Thanksgiving”. (Sharing it again below…)
We won’t gather this Friday…but we’ll wrap up next Friday, DEC 4th at Community Matters Cafe. I’ll have the Zoom up and running as well for those who can’t join in person.