Right out of the gate this week, our author shares a story about John Rambo….you know….”Rambo“! Now, if that doesn’t get you excited about FMMF-Charlotte, then I don’t know what will.
Homework this week is to read chapters 37 and 38. We’re in the final stretch as next week will wrap up the current book series! This week, we’ll also briefly decide on our next planned study, so bring any ideas you might have. (I’ve gotten a couple so far.)
Rob Miller is back in the saddle this week, leading us in this week’s discussion. There’s a great series of passages in the first chapter that I’ll bring to your attention. Our author lists out several lies that he’s heard from men over the years:
- Nobody understands the struggles I’m dealing with.
- I can’t trust anyone. Total honesty will be used against me.
- If someone tries to get close to me, they just want something.
- People like me but they don’t really know me. I can’t risk self-disclosure.
- I’ve seen Christians kick a guy when he is down. No thanks.
- Christian men are weak, crying and confessing. Oh please!
- If I really face my secrets, the dam will burst and I will lose it.
- What if I make myself know and the other guys won’t reciprocate?
How do we tackle lies when they come our way? Pay attention to the timely response our author shares…..”timely” in that he shares the examples where Jesus was tempted for 40-days in the desert…..Welcome to the season of Lent!
Gather on Friday at the Cornwell Center beginning at 7:30 am. Rob will kick our lesson off at 7:45 am.